On-Demand Prepress for Mac and Windows
PDF Bookmaker, for Mac and Windows, is a professional solution for preparing
your book for the on-demand print industry. With PDF Bookmaker,
you can easily organize and combine any number of PDF files, add
page numbers to page corners or centers, hide and show added page numbers
as needed, add custom watermarks, and export your book as a single document
in the format required by on-demand printers: PDFX-1a.
Whatever you need to prepare for printing — from novels to music scores, and
anything in between — we think you'll
love PDF Bookmaker, and we promise responsive support.
PDF Title, Author, Subject, and Producer (publisher) metadata
for your final document are found on the Details page, along with some
document statistics for your project. A detailed project manifest is also available for export.
The Front Matter is normally numbered with Roman numerals, many of which need to be hidden.
Page numbers shown in parentheses have been hidden for this project by the user.
The Body or main content of your book is numbered with Arabic numerals, positioned
as you choose. Some page numbers in the Body need to be either hidden or forced to the
bottom of the page. The latter choice is denoted by numbers in angle brackets.
Your project may have optional content such as a glossary and index, which are in the
Back Matter, numbered with Arabic numerals.
PDF Bookmaker provides a simple interface for choosing the font,
size, style, and placement of the page numbers for your book, both in Roman numerals
for the Front Matter, and Arabic numerals for the Body and Back Matter. An option to use
Arabic numerals throughout is also available.
Mark different versions of your project or remind your readers of your copyright with a
digital watermark. The watermark can be text of your choosing, or a custom image,
visible only in print, or visible both on screen and in print.
Documentation is comprehensive, clear and concise, with plenty of screenshots,
showing you how to use the software and get the results you are looking for.
Notes on handling a Table of Contents and Index are included in an Appendix.
- import and organize any number of PDFs
- convert Postscript files to PDF (Mac OSX Only)
- scale document sizes by percentage
- take advantage of versatile page numbering for your Front Matter, Body, and Back Matter
- hide page numbers selectively, as needed for Title, Chapter, Part pages, etc.
- number pages at the top or bottom, in the center or alternating page corners
- if numbering pages at the top, you can still force
numbers to the bottom on selected pages (Chapter pages, etc.)
- position page numbers offset in 1/72 inch increments
- number Front Matter in Roman or Arabic numerals
- add watermarks
- default texts: DRAFT, REWRITE, PROOF, FINAL, SAMPLE, CONFIDENTIAL, DO NOT COPY
- add your own custom text watermarks
- import your own .png files for full-page custom watermarks
- display watermarks in print only, or both in print and on screen
- display watermarks selectively per page
- export your project as a folder of individual PDFs
- export a manifest .txt file listing the details of your project
- save your project in .pdfbookmaker cross-platform file format
- holds all your imported PDFs in one file!
- save your final document as a single PDF in PDFX-1a format (required by on-demand printers)
- access comprehensive documentation (PDF) internally or online
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
PDF Bookmaker is updated in response to feedback from its users.
To file bug reports and feature requests, you must first
open a user account and purchase a license.
Once registered, you can participate and see the PDF Bookmaker
development process in action on the
PDF Bookmaker Reports Page.
Latest Version Details
PDF Bookmaker — Version 1.4.9 · July 25, 2017
- fixed behavior of page hide / force to bottom popup menu
- selection now defaults to single row instead of multiple
Get the fastest updates by purchasing your license
directly through Mather Point Software (and your license will also work cross-platform).